Cards For Sale

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

CAS Thinking of You




Good Tuesday Morning Peeps!!

Today's card is made with Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge-Act 24.

I soooo struggled with this card, I think it is because my mojo has gone missing.....if you see it will you please send it home? LOL!!

The colors for the challenge are temping turquoise, so saffron, garden green, whisper white and kraft. I tried several different ideas with this challenge and nothing seemed to come together, finally I just decided to go clean and simple.

The base of my card is kraft and I followed that with half white and half turquoise that was ran through the cuttlebug and the Swiss dot embossing folder. I used my Embosslits Beautiful Wings for my butterflies, one in each of the colors and then mounted them to a 1 inch circle of whisper white, that was also embossed with the Swiss dot folder.

The sentiment comes from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set. I added some white grosgrain ribbon across the center, where the colors meet and a bow. I then added two small silver pearls to each of the butterflies.

This card also fits the:

CAS61-only stamping the sentiment

Crazy 4 Challenges-Kraft base

Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for coming by, hopefully I will be back in the morning with a card using Mercy's Sketch Challenge

HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Marisa said...

Love those little butterflies, Vicki. Fabulous CAS card and a great use of this week's colours. Thanks for playing the Curtain Call :D

Stacey Schafer said...

so lovely, Vicki! your polka-dot embossed circles and colorful butterflies are the perfect "pop" for this clean & simple card:) thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Lois said...

Cute cute cute!!! Love the colors and layout. TFS

Shelley said...

Love it! I have a feeling I will use this embosslit 'til is worn out! It's just too much fun to play with! Thanks for showing another inspiring way!

Julie said...

Great card! Lovely layout, and the butterflies are adorable. Thanks for playing along in the Curtain Call this week.

Sara said...

How sweet!

Sue said...

spectacular as always!!! the swiss dots really set it off! thanks for playing along with us again this week! :)

Two Happy Stampers said...

Hi, Vicki! This is a great card! We've featured your card on our Wowzer! Wednesday blog feature today! Drop by and check it out when you have a chance: http://twohappystampers.blogspot.com/2010/04/wowzer-wednesday.html

Enjoy your day! =)

Karen B. said...

I enjoy looking at the textures on this card, and how you managed tone on tone but with splashes of color

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

So cute Vicki!! I don't know whgat you mean by your mojo supposedly missing... Thanks so much for taking the time to play the Curtain Call this week!! xx