Cards For Sale

Monday, April 12, 2010

Sweet Celebration




Good Monday Morning Peeps!

Today's card share is made with Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 25. This weeks colors are Only Orange, Yo-Yo Yellow, Green Galore, Pixie Pink and Whisper White. OK, take a deep breath, you can do this.......those are some scary colors!!!

I just got some of the new stamps coming in the new summer mini, that starts May 1st. I used a really fun set, "Sweet Scoops", that these colors seem perfect for. I cute, girly birthday card.

I started with a base of white. I then pulled out a piece of each of the colors. I cut a 1-3/4 inch square of each. I then ran them through my cuttlebug with the sizzix polka dot EF. I used the corner rounder on one corner of each square and mounted them to a piece of white card stock.

I stamped two of the ice cream swirls, one pixie pink and one yo-yo yellow, I then used my two way glue pen and some diamond dust too make the ice cream sparkle. I made a bowl, for the ice cream, (an idea that is shown in the mini) with my 1-1/2 inch circle punch, cutting off half and I added the ice cream to the bowl. This bowl of ice cream is mounted to a piece of whisper white and matted with only orange. I stamped the sentiment with only orange and tied a bow around the card base with yo-yo yellow 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!

Vicki

16 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Girl you rocked those colours! I admit I'd be scared at first but I agree they are perfect for ice cream!! Brilliant my friend!

Marisa said...

Darling use of this week's bright colours, Vicki. Love the card :D Congrats on having your darling sailboat card being one of the Ipicks this week too :D

Kim Pope said...

Love the colors! I think I'll dust mine off and use them before they go:)

Lois said...

This is just too cute! Great job on the color combo too. I think those colors together would of scared the heck out of me to, but if anyone can pull it off, it's you! Great card!!! Love the stamp set too, I need to get that.

Lea L. said...

This is so cute! I love that sweet bowl of ice cream! Thanks for joining us at the curtain call this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Jaspere said...

This is adorable. You make those colors look good.

Jodi Collins said...

This is SUPER sweet Vicki! I just LOVE this!!

Kay Kalthoff said...

I LOVE it!!!
Kay

Joanne Travis said...

Yum!! What a sweet creation, Vicki!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Those are scary colors and you did a great job with them! Love it! =)

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, vicki! thanks for facing your fear...LOL...and joining us at the Curtain Call!

Julie said...

Oh this is way cool! Love your layout on it and you rocked the colors. Thanks for playing in the Curtain Call.

Sue said...

what a yummy card Vicki!! love the simple layout with a stunning effect! thanks for playing along with us for another week! :)

Karen B. said...

Your composition and balance of color is just stunning on this card.

Jo said...

Oh that is pretty!

Angela said...

I adore how you have made this card! just beautiful!