Cards For Sale

Saturday, March 31, 2012

OCC...How green is your Spring


Happy Saturday Peeps!!
It is time for another new challenge over at Our Creative Corner.
This week our hostess is the fabulous Marcy Kimiski. Here is her challenge for us:

How Green is Your Spring" Inspiration Photo. 
I LOVE this montage - it's chock full of inspiration. 
 Show us Spring in its full splendor, using GREEN as your main color! 


Green is not a favorite color of mine, but heck I'll give it a whirl!! :)
I was inspired by the flowers and decided to pull out the retired Stampin Up set called "Because I Care" stamp set.
I stamped the hydrangea with black stazon twice onto some confetti cream card stock and colored up the flower with lucky limeade and baja blue ink using my aqua painter. I cut out just the head of the flower and added it over the first one with a few dimensionals. 
I used the French foliage stamp set on the BG and sponged it with crumb cake and early espresso ink.


I used some pear pizzazz seam binding ribbon along with some ruffled baja ribbon across the bottom. I punched a couple of sections of baja card stock with the pinking hearts border punch and added them to the main image piece. The sentiment comes from the retired "Something to Celebrate" stamp set. I added a few basic pearls at the top and bottom, I sponged them a bit with some early espresso ink. 

Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog 
to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun challenge. 
I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

20 comments:

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Vicki, you have made a lot of amazing cards but I think this one might be your best ever! It is just so very beautiful in every way. True perfection!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! Your shading is beautiful as are the colors you chose!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, you rocked that challenge! BEAUTIFUL flower! Wow!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

This is GORGEOUS! Oh my! Jaw dropping gorgeous!

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh My! So very gorgeous! I will definately be casing this card...I just love it! Great job, Vickie!!!

stampwithsandy said...

This card is so gorgeous, Vicki. This hydrangea is one of my favorite images. Love the french foliage background touches, too.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous hydrangea, Vicki!! Love the bits of ric rak you added to the image edges.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Vicki
I love this card, the softness and the shabby effect is just heart-warming, your added embellishments are subtle enough to add the interest and not take away from your Hydrangea, you did well for a person who does not like Green.
Smiles:)

MarcyK924 said...

Oh Vicki, this is an awesome card! As you can see on my blog, how much I adore hydrangea! I think you got your green on pretty fabulous - especially with that shade of pear! That pleated blue ribbon looks like a skirt under the pear ribbon - so pretty! Hugs, Marcy

Mary Marsh said...

this is a gorgeous card Vicki-love the color of the hydrangea

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW....What a BEAUTIFUL card!!!!

Sharon Wheet said...

Vicki, I just love how you used the green and blue together! I just love those two colors. And i really like how you created the illusion of a vintage photo with the watermarks and the faded text. Beautifully done!
have a great week!

Tui Nathan said...

Lvoe this card Vicki ... that flower is such a stunner and I love your creative background, the greens and the pops of blue is really beautiful!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

THUD! That was the sound of my jaw hitting the desk, Vicki!! I have never seen this set look more beautiful! Wow! I love the distressing and the tiny pops of the border punch. (I have actually lost that punch somewhere in my stamp studio...how does THAT happen?) The distressing and the watermarked stamp from the French Foliage set really add such wonderful shabby detail to your card. WOWZA!! Hope you enjoyed your weekend! Hugs! :)

Lynda said...

Such a wonderful green vintage feel Vicki. I love the care and attention to all the small details that really make this card. Brilliant.

Kristin said...

This is so gorgeous! I love hydrenga and the touch of blue in the centers of he blooms are amazing. I wish I could grow this one... Have a great weekend!

Gisela said...

Vicki what a beautiful card!
Happy Easter.

Unknown said...

These cards are so beautiful & stunning! I wouldn't know where to begin if I were to take on the challenge of CASE'ing one of these!
~Shawnie B.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Vicki - this is absolutely beautiful !!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.