Cards For Sale

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sneak Peek...Simply Sketched


Hello Peeps!!

Popping in here with a quick share.
I have a little sneak peek for you from the up coming Stampin' Up catalog.

This image is from a new Hostess Set Called "Simply Sketched". So pretty, and I love the pretty sentiments in this set. 
I also giving you a little peek at one of the new in colors, the light green on here is Pistachio Pudding.

The base of the card is the Pistachio and then some Confetti Cream and then Crumb cake that I embossed with the perfect dots EF.


I used the doily die to mount my main image onto. I  held the cut pieces in place by using some scotch tape on the back of the die cut piece, just letting the very outside pieces come out. Love the look. I colored the flowers with some peach parfait ink and my aqua painter.
Hope you like this little sneak peek. Thanks for coming by!

Vicki 

Edited to Add: I have had several e-mails asking about the doily. This is what I did, After cutting out the doily, the pieces do not fall out without a bit of help, at least on the ones I have done. I took some pieces of scotch tape and laid them over the back of the die, avoiding just the small areas I wanted to come out. Really simple and easy. Pretty much I covered the whole back of the die cut piece with the tape. Hope that helps, if you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

11 comments:

Wendy said...

One of my favorite sets from the new catty! Love this in these colors, Vicki! TFS

Marisa said...

You always rock the flowers, Vicki. Gorgeous die underneath too.

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this new green! Sweet new flower image, too! I always get anxious to see the new catalog this time of year. I'm excited about all the new colors I've seen posted!

Nikki Spencer said...

So pretty Vicki, love the Pistachio. TFS.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love what you did with the doily die.. I am just not sure I really understand it. Can you explain it a little differently? About the scotch tape and where you put it?
thanks! I love your blog.

Kitty A. said...

Lovely card. Very creative use of the doily die. Thanks for the sneak peaks!!!

Linda Callahan said...

That pistaschio is beautiful with Crumb Cake!

Bev said...

What a pretty card, and thanks for the doily tip

Bev x

Fran Kennedy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the doily idea...thanks so much for that information!! Gorgeous card!!

Pam said...

I, too, am crazy about the doily idea!! Beautiful card!!

Cindy Major said...

Oh wow, I love the doily used that way! :)