Cards For Sale

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Congratulations


Happy Hump Day Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made yesterday.

I wanted to use some of the papers from the Stampin Up Go Wild paper pack. I bought this pack on my very first order from the new catalog and I had not used it. I have ogled it, and caressed it and loved it but had not yet put it on a card or project. 

I think for me it will be used for some fun boxes and bags, as I have a hard time getting it to work here. I do adore the prints in this pack, but you all know I am more of a flowery card maker. 

Do you like this card? Does it work?


It is a bit of an odd size, well not really but it is just 4-1/4 by 5.
I had a piece of Tip Top Taupe already cut to this size in my cut pile so I decided to use it.
I attached the base to a folded piece of out new Heavy Whisper White card stock.
 I love this new heavier card stock.

The elephant from the Zoo Babies stamp set as is the Congratulations sentiment.
I stamped the elephant in Tip Top Taupe twice. I cut out the ear on the second one and added over the first with some dimensional. 
I decide to add the sentiment down the side along with the other flags. I also used some of the gold strung sequins. I used a staple to add the sentiment.
After I finished it up I decided to add the bird image for a bit of color and whimsy.
I stamped the bird on separate piece of scrap whisper white. The legs are Daffodil delight and the beak is Pumpkin Pie. I fussy cut him out and added him on the elephant's back.

Well, that is all from me today!

Be sure and come back by on Friday because my friend Wendy and I have another creative challenge to share with you!

Thanks for stopping by!

Vicki


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Way too adorable, Vicki! Love it! :)