Cards For Sale

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches....Birthday Butterfly


Happy Thursday Peeps!!
Today I sharing a card I made using the sketch this week at the  Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.


This was a fun sketch and I am sure I will use it again.
I decide to use another new set the Stampin Up Watercolor Wings set.
I stamped the butterfly with Mint Macaron and Lost Lagoon ink. A really pretty combo, both of these are in colors. I fussy cut out the butterfly and then used one of the Bold Butterfly dies to cut out the layer using some glimmer paper. 


The base of the card is Lost Lagoon card stock and then the layers are white and more lost lagoon. For the little side element I used a piece of Mint and embossed it with the new Elegant Dots EF.
I used a strip of the In Color Envelope Paper across the bottom, which is a bit to thin for layering but I like it anyway.
The sentiment is fromm the Cottage Greetings stamp set, I really like the fonts in this set. and then I used another fave for me this year the little squiggly lines come from the Tin of Cards stamp set. Aren't the just the cutest?????
I used some twine to make the antennas and that was all the embellishing I did on this one.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki





2 comments:

Bernadette Bliss said...

Great card. Love the butterflies and colors.

Doris D. said...

This is such a cheerful card. The colors are perfect. Beautifully done.