Cards For Sale

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sweet Sunday.....Happy Birthday


Happy Sunday Peeps!!!

Time for another new Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!

Here is out amazingly "sweet' sketch for this week:


I LOVE a sketch with a tilted panel. do you?
I love the visual interest of the tilted panels,
 some love them and some hate them 
but either way you have to admit this is a great sketch.
 The large panel is open for almost anything!!

When I started my card I had  looked up another challenge which was a color one to use Bermuda Bay, Old Olive and Crumb Cake. So I started off with that not knowing I would end up using my Sweet Sunday Sketch for it. But that is what happened so I didn't get to link it with the color challenge because it ended before this card was to post. :)

But that is where my starting point was, I used my fave new set from Stampin' Up called Best Thoughts which is a hostess set.
I stamped with black stazon onto some naturals very vanilla card stock. I colored with my Aqua Painter and ink pads.
I fussy cut it out to add to my card. 


The base is Crumb Cake and the next layer is Bermuda Bay and then a layer of the Naturals card stock. I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Birthday Everyone stamp set, which is also a hostess set, with Black Memento ink. 

The flower is added using dimensionals.
I added a strip of Old Olive between the tilted panels and then button is an old olive one that i ties with a piece of linen thread.

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Vicki


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, my friend!!! Love your beautifully colored flower and the color combo! I personally love the tilted panels on cards! Miss you! Happy Sunday!!

Unknown said...

How lovely! Just the right amount of
embellishments. Very classy card.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, how gorgeous, and it's my favorite color! I hope someday to get this set. You've used it so beautifully many times, and I never tire seeing it! What a beautiful sketch take, and your coloring is fabulous! Hugs!

Lisa Lynn said...

Vicki, your card is gorgeous!

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE those flowers, and the color combo is a stunner!!

Lora said...

Vicki, this is so pretty. I am just planning on using this stamp this week using the same color you did. The tilt is very stunning. I would have never come up with this on my own.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful card and talent.

Lora said...

Vicki,
Can you tell me the sizes of the of card stock used for the sketch for this card.

Maybe all the cards are the same size I have never done a sketch card before and am very anxious to make this today if possible or I wait for details.

Thank you so much.

Lora

Lora said...

I made my card but I just can't get the shading right on the petals Totally lost the blossom look of the flower.

Is there a video that you can offer a link to so I can watch how to do shading. I spent a couple of hours looking on Utube but never came up with any videos that really pretained to this.

I have two more blossoms stamped and would like to try this again.

Thank you very much.